WIS 17 resurfacing in Lincoln County begins this week
Work on 7.8 miles of WIS 17 between Dump Road and the North Lincoln County line began Monday, July 29.
American Asphalt of Wisconsin is the prime contractor for the $1.1 million improvement project. Crews will resurface pavement improving safety enhancements and providing a smoother driving surface. Improvements include:
• Milling the surface and placing 1.75 inches of asphalt on the roadway.
• Replacing permanent signs.
• Installing new pavement markings.
• Replacing the curb and gutter at the Lincoln County D intersection.
• Replacing six metal culvert pipes with new reinforced concrete culvert pipes.
• Installing centerline rumble strips.
WIS 17 will remain open to traffic during construction. Motorists can expect to encounter daytime lane closures and flagging operations.
Construction is currently scheduled for completion by September 2013.
One hundred percent of the project will be paid for with state transportation funds.