River Valley Bank thanks Holy Cross Sisters
A check for $5,000 was presented to the Holy Cross Sisters who are observing 100 years of ministry in the United States. Both Ron and Kay Nicklaus expressed their gratitude to the sisters for being present in the city of Merrill over the years when they were needed, doing important work that made a difference and adapting as needs changed-even giving up their home to create Bell Tower Residence.
Sister Pat Cormack, provincial for the USA Province which is headquartered in Merrill thanked the Nicklaus family for their gift and acknowledged that the sisters have partnered with the city over the years.
Ron Nicklaus commented on the fact that his father made a donation of one week’s wages to the building of the Holy Cross Hospital in 1926 ($5)-a big deal in those days but one his father was proud of.
Since its beginning in 1967 with one location in Rothschild, River Valley Bank has grown to 18 locations in North and Central Wisconsin and Michigan’s Upper Peninsula.