Girl Scout Cookie Booths Provide Last Chance for Cookies
Local residents have a last chance to purchase their favorite Girl Scout cookies this March. Area Girl Scouts will be selling cookies at Cookie Booths outside of local businesses March 1-24. Cookie Booth season marks the final couple weeks of the Girl Scout Cookie Program—an annual financial literacy and fundraising program that helps girls earn profits that they can use to fund Girl Scout activities. The remainder of the cookie profits goes to the local Girl Scout Council to cover the cost of leadership programs and services for girls.
“People are still calling us, seeking out cookies that they either weren’t able to order during the door-to-door kickoff in January, or they simply didn’t order enough the first time,” said Stacy Meyer, Director of Product and Retail Sales for Girl Scouts of the Northwestern Great Lakes. “The girls enjoy these booth sales because it’s more social and the customers receive their cookies right away when they buy them, plus they help the girls reach their final troop cookie goals.”
The Girl Scout Cookie Program is structured to teach girls five key skills: decision making, goal setting, money management, people skills, and business ethics. There are eight cookie varieties offered this year, including the all-new tropical treat, Mango Crèmes.
To find local Cookie Booths, download the Cookie Locator app for iPhone and Android or visit www.girlscoutcookies.org.
In partnership with over 6,000 adult volunteers, GSNWGL serves nearly 20,000 girls in 58 counties across northern Wisconsin and Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. Girl Scouts is the world’s preeminent leadership development organization for girls, building girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place. To join, volunteer, reconnect, or donate to Girl Scouts, call 888.747.6945 or visit www.gsnwgl.org. GSNWGL is a proud United Way partner program.
- Trantow Do-It Center, Inc. in Merrill, WI Features Dura Supreme Cabinetry
- Boy Scout Troop 503 Annual Car Auction
- Memorial Cancer Scholarship To Benefit MHS Graduate (1)
- Merrill Seven-Year-Old Opens Museum
- Ministry Sacred Heart Hospital Volunteers Plant Sale
- Medal Winner At Badger State Winter Games
- Girl Scout Cookie Booths Provide Last Chance for Cookies
- Alissa Rausch defended her NSIC title in the shot put
- Girl Scout Cookie Program Returns With Focus on Five Skills
- St. John Christmas Market