Merrill Community Night with the Woodchucks
The Merrill Optimists and the Merrill Rotary started with an idea (about two years ago) to develop a project both clubs could do to benefit the Community. This idea became a goal to bring the Wausau Woodchucks to Merrill. Today, the goal is coming much closer to reality. The Optimists (Carrie Cordova – President) and The Rotarians (Karen Karow – President) gave the go ahead to Schedule a MERRILL COMMUNITY NIGHT benefitting Merrill Youth baseball.
The Wausau Woodchucks have set aside a special Merrill Night at the Wausau Woodchucks Field for Sunday June 30th at 5:00p.m. The Woodchucks Owner (Mark McDonald) guarantees the Merrill Youth baseball programs a minimum of $1500.00 back to the programs. Kyle Hahn (Director of Ticket Operations: Woodchucks and Merrill native) added: The Woodchucks will give even more money to the program through additional ticket sales. Optimists and Rotary are Selling tickets to support Youth baseball. The ticket package for $10.50 includes: 1 ticket, 1 hotdog & 1 soda.
Dan Wendorf, Merrill Park and Recreation Director, met with Woodchucks owner Mark McDonald to inspect Merrill’s own Athletic Park for game possibilities in Merrill. The Woodchucks agreed to set a game in the 2014 baseball season as Merrill Community Night, with the ultimate goal of bringing a game to Merrill at some time in the future.
For further ticket information contact the Merrill Optimists, Merrill Rotary, or Tony Kusserow at 715-536-8954 or email@example.com. Ticket packages are also available for groups and businesses. Contact Kyle Hahn @ 715-845-5055.
- Frigid weather affects gun deer hunt harvest
- Road to D1 scholarship a long haul for Matt Purmal
- Schmidt to bowl at USA games
- Red Robins bombard Bluejays with red-hot shooting
- Merrill girls present poised, polished debut in Medford
- Merrill hockey opens with convincing win over Hatchets
- Bluejay boys open season with 57-48 home win
- Two for the price of one: Merrill girls basketball signings
- Register your deer
- The hunt, according to the DNR