Merrill steps up at Lakeland
The Bluejay girls pulled out three individual wins in last Tuesday’s dual meet at Lakeland.
“We had a lot of great swims,” MHS coach Allie Thut said. “Kendyl Pettit put up a good fight to win the 50 and 100 free, and Jennica Jahnke had a great finish to her 100 breaststroke to take the win. The team continues to improve at every meet and drop time.”
The Jay’s best event was the 100 free with a win from Pettit in 1:01.18 and a third from Jahnke (1:02.92). Pettit captured the 50 free in :28.51. Jahnke swam a winning 1:19.40 in the 100 brea.
Merrill’s only runner-up finish came in the 200 free relay with Jahnke, Emily Gessler, Madison Dillinger and Miranda Jahnke. (2:02.76). Thirds were turned in by: Taylor LaBorde (200 IM (2:51.58/ 100 back, 1:17.10); M. Jahnke (500 free, 6:55.08); the 200 medley (LaBorde, J. Jahnke, Robin Opsahl, Pettit, 2:13.21); and the 400 free (LaBorde, Opsahl, M. Jahnke, Pettit, 4:31.98).
- Last indoor gasp for Tomahawk track
- THS swings low
- Hatchets rally at Medford
- Hatchets split with Raiders
- Merrill kickers “baby-stepping” up in rough Valley
- Track athletes team up for Valley Relays
- Jays move up
- Everest routs take luster off Tiger shine
- Bluejay boys topple Lumberjacks on final pitch
- THS topped