Merrill police investigate Sunday crash
On Sunday at 6:44 p.m. a Merrill police officer was advised that a possibly disabled vehicle with no tail lights had left the area of CTH K and CTH Q and was headed towards the city.
The officer observed the vehicle while traveling over the viaduct, and had to pull to the side of the road to avoid a collision as the vehicle was traveling partially in the wrong lane of traffic at approximately 40 mph. The officer turned around and attempted to stop the vehicle which was still traveling in the wrong lane of traffic and entering the roundabout.
The vehicle drove partially over the roundabout and continued traveling in the wrong lane of traffic. At the intersection of Center Ave. and E. 3rd St. the vehicle struck an oncoming vehicle. Both drivers were transported to Good Samaritan Hospital by ambulance. The investigation is ongoing.
- Rhinelander man killed in ATV crash
- El Mezcal coming to Merrill
- Walk with Walker in Tomahawk, Antigo
- City offers Lincoln House for $1
- Sheriff’s office seeks absconder
- Expo Ctr. Meeting
- Warden switches from fish patrol to fire rescue in a flash
- Arbor Day Foundation names Merrill Tree City USA
- Remains indentified as Anita Bucki, husband arrested
- Human remains found in Taylor County