Cabin destroyed by fire
On Saturday, Nov. 24 at approximately 1:24 p.m. the Lincoln County 911 center received a call of a cabin on fire on Joe Snow Road in the town of Corning.
The caller stated there were flames coming from within the building. Town of Corning Fire Department was first on the scene and discovered the structure was fully engulfed. When the property owner arrived on scene, they told a Lincoln County deputy that they were at the cabin earlier in the day, and before they left at about 11:30 a.m. they built a fire in the wood stove.
The wood stove appears to be the source of the fire. Foul play is not suspected.
Town of Hamburg Fire Department and wardens from the DNR also assisted at the scene. The cabin appears to be a total loss.
- Stretch of County Rd. C under reconstruction
- Two Merrill women sentenced for heroin distribution
- Council holds off on room tax increase
- Importance of High Speed Internet in Business & Community Development
- New temporary location for Lincoln-Langlade USDA Service Center
- Information sought on wanted Gleason man
- Man arrested with loaded gun in vehicle
- Bridge inspections scheduled in Lincoln County
- Wanted person arrested
- US 51 resurfacing project in Lincoln County begins this week