Pedestrian struck, killed near Tomahawk
On Sunday, Sept. 16, at 12:57 a.m., the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office received a call of a car versus pedestrian crash at the intersection of County Rd. S at South Park Dr. in Tomahawk. The caller indicated a make walked out onto County Rd. S and was struck by a passing car.
Law enforcement units from the Lincoln County Sheriff’s office, Tomahawk Police Department, Merrill Police Department (in the area on Fall Ride detail), Wisconsin DNR and Wisconsin State Patrol responded to the scene. Tomahawk EMS and Fire were also dispatched to the scene. Spirit medical helicopter was also requested, but later called off.
Tomahawk EMS transported the 52-year-old male victim, identified as Robert L. Zempel, to Sacred Heart Hospital in Tomahawk where he was pronounced dead at 1:25 a.m.
The Wisconsin State Patrol is reconstructing the crash scene. Investigation continues.
- El Mezcal coming to Merrill
- Walk with Walker in Tomahawk, Antigo
- City offers Lincoln House for $1
- Sheriff’s office seeks absconder
- Expo Ctr. Meeting
- Warden switches from fish patrol to fire rescue in a flash
- Arbor Day Foundation names Merrill Tree City USA
- Remains indentified as Anita Bucki, husband arrested
- Human remains found in Taylor County
- National Police Week 2013