Local raptor educator finalist for ‘Rare Life’ award
Marge Gibson of Merrill is in the top 20 for the 2014 Rare Life Award, an award that recognizes people whose lives embody Eagle Rare Bourbon Whiskey’s passion for excellence and demonstrate the epitome of courage, leadership, survival, heroism, devotion and character. The $40,000 award will be donated to the winner’s charity early next year.
Gibson, executive director of Raptor Education Group, Inc. in Antigo, has dedicated her life to rehabilitating birds of prey and educating the public about them.
Marge’s story can be found here: http://eaglerarelife.com/content/marge-gibson.
Entries are available to view online at the Eagle Rare website. People can continue to vote for these inspiring nominees through Jan. 7, 2014. At the end of the voting, a Grand Prize Winner and six finalists will be selected from 20 nominees receiving the most votes. Those winners will be announced the week of March 3, 2014.
For more information or to submit a nomination, visit www.eaglerarelife.com.
- Christmas activities at Trinity on Dec. 7
- Merrill Memorial Park offers remembrance tree
- O’Tannenbaum Tour this weekend
- Humane Society seeks to send special cat to santuary
- Bell ringing returns
- Relay for Life fundraiser
- Free Christmas movie for kids
- Fotos from the past, 12-4-13 edition
- Resume Coaching at the Library
- PRMS announces ‘Holiday Trimmings’ concert