Make A Difference Day – Help or Be Helped
Last year, hundreds of volunteers joined in Merrill's efforts to Make A Difference. People of all ages came together to help those within the community that needed a helping hand.
Merrill's 18th annual Make A Difference Day will be held on Saturday, Oct. 26, with registration at 8:30 a.m. in the Prairie River Middle School cafeteria. Projects will run from 9 a.m. until around noon. Lunch at the middle school will follow for all workers.
Calls have been made to those that received help in 2012. Not everyone was contacted, despite repeated attempts. If a message was left, make sure to return the call to be put on the list. If you could not be reached and you do not have an answering machine, please call to get registered. Yards that were done last year are not automatically put on the list.
If you need help raking your yard, you can still register for Make A Difference Day by calling Debi McGregor at the Family Resource Center at 715-539-9228 or Linda Becker at 715-873-4564. There is no advance registration for individual workers.Leaders of larger groups are asked to call in the number of youth and adults volunteering. Youth participation has always been high and more adult volunteers are usually needed.
- Christmas activities at Trinity on Dec. 7
- Merrill Memorial Park offers remembrance tree
- O’Tannenbaum Tour this weekend
- Humane Society seeks to send special cat to santuary
- Bell ringing returns
- Relay for Life fundraiser
- Free Christmas movie for kids
- Fotos from the past, 12-4-13 edition
- Resume Coaching at the Library
- PRMS announces ‘Holiday Trimmings’ concert