Merrill girl a finalist in state teen pageant
Samantha Locke, 14, of Merrill, has been chosen as a state finalist in the National American Miss Wisconsin Pageant to be held Aug. 25 at Chula Vista Resort in Wisconsin Dells. The National American Miss pageants are held for girls ages 4-18 and have five different age divisions. Samantha will be participating in the Junior Teen age division, along with other outstanding young ladies from across Wisconsin.
The winner of the pageant will receive a $1,000 cash award, the official crown and banner, a bouquet of roses, and air transportation to compete in the national pageant in California.
The pageant program is based on inner beauty, as well as poise and presentation. Emphasis is put on the importance of developing self confidence, learning good sportsmanship as well as setting and achieving personal goals.
Samantha’s activities include sketching, running, volunteering and cooking. She also enjoys swimming, hanging out with friends and roller blading. Her sponsors include Fehlberg Dairy Farm, Johnson’s Gifts & Home Décor as well as family and friends.
- Christmas activities at Trinity on Dec. 7
- Merrill Memorial Park offers remembrance tree
- O’Tannenbaum Tour this weekend
- Humane Society seeks to send special cat to santuary
- Bell ringing returns
- Relay for Life fundraiser
- Free Christmas movie for kids
- Fotos from the past, 12-4-13 edition
- Resume Coaching at the Library
- PRMS announces ‘Holiday Trimmings’ concert