This Concert Is So Cliché
The Merrill City Band takes to the stage again tonight with music selections based on common clichés. In addition to such tunes as “Only Time Will Tell,” “Ja-Da,” “Look For The Silver Lining,” and “It’s A Small World,” the concert will feature vocalist Jennifer Aarrestad on “Over The Rainbow” and “God Bless America,” as well as Vince Conrad on the drum set solo, “Cute.”
Tonight’s concert begins at 7:30 p.m. at the Normal Park Gazebo. A 50/50 raffle will be held and popcorn and lemonade are available from HAVEN. Last week’s raffle winners went home with $237 and a smile, so join the band in a night of music in the park and a chance to walk out of the park with a little change. Bring a lawn chair or blanket and perhaps even a cooler of goodies.
Next week features guest director Michael Chula, with the theme, “M & M’s." Movies, musicals, marches, and more can be expected, and there is a strong possibility that M & M’s will be for sale. Join in the fun and follow the Merrill City Band on Facebook.
- Christmas activities at Trinity on Dec. 7
- Merrill Memorial Park offers remembrance tree
- O’Tannenbaum Tour this weekend
- Humane Society seeks to send special cat to santuary
- Bell ringing returns
- Relay for Life fundraiser
- Free Christmas movie for kids
- Fotos from the past, 12-4-13 edition
- Resume Coaching at the Library
- PRMS announces ‘Holiday Trimmings’ concert