Lincoln County Fair entries due June 15
Summer is the time that 4-H members are finishing their projects and preparing to exhibit at this year’s Lincoln County Fair, July 17-21. Participation in the fair helps youth build important life skills and developmental assets they can use the rest of their lives. Some of these skills and assets include: getting along with others, communication skills, decision-making, feeling valued by the community and taking an active role in their community.
In addition to 4-H’ers, youth from other recognized youth groups in Lincoln County are invited to exhibit in the Junior Division at the fair. All residents of Lincoln County are encouraged to exhibit in the Open Division. So, if you enjoy baking, sewing, gardening, woodworking, collecting antiques or any other hobby, show off your work at this year’s Lincoln County Fair by entering an exhibit.
Individuals interested in exhibiting at the 2013 Lincoln County Fair must submit their fair entry form by June 15 (no exceptions to this deadline). There are several changes taking place this year with respect to the fair entry process per Erica Thurs of the Lincoln County Fair Association:
• The Fair Exhibitor Handbook is primarily available online at the Lincoln County Fair Association website at www.lincolncofair.com on the Exhibitor Entry tab. There are a limited number of hard copies of the Exhibitor’s Handbook printed. The UW-Extension office and T.B. Scott Library each have a copy, as well as each 4-H club received a copy. The UW-Extension office can make copies of sections of the handbook for individuals who do not have access to the online version for a minimal copy charge.
• Exhibitors are encouraged to enter their exhibits through the online entry process by visiting the Lincoln County Fair Association website at www.lincolncofair.com, again click on the Exhibitor Entry tab to find a link to the online entry site. More directions and information will be available there to assist you with completing your online entry. The UW-Extension office will also assist individuals in entering in this manner by stopping by the office located in the lower level of the Lincoln County Service Center at 801 N. Sales Street in Merrill.
• If exhibitors are unable to use the online option. Paper entry forms are available at the UW-Extension office. There is a new entry form being used this year. It is a single page, not the 3-part carbonless form that was used in the past. Exhibitors are encouraged to make a copy of their form before they turn it in. They will not receive a copy of their entry form back with their entry tags as they have in the past.
• The entry deadline is June 15. The Fair Association will adhere strictly to this deadline, even though it falls on a Saturday. The deadline will not be pushed back to the following Monday as it had been in the past. Late entries will not be accepted.
• Entries that are not done through the online entry system, can be submitted in several ways:
o Mailed to the Lincoln County Fair, PO Box 921, Merrill (entries must be postmarked by June 15)
o Dropped off at the UW-Extension office, 801 N. Sales Street, Suite 101 until June 13.
o Dropped off at the Lincoln County Fair Office on the fairgrounds on June 14 and 15.
If you have questions on the new entry process or any questions on the handbook, please contact Erica Thurs at (715)297-2177. The Lincoln County Fair thanks you for your continued support and look forward to carrying on the fair in the community.
- Christmas activities at Trinity on Dec. 7
- Merrill Memorial Park offers remembrance tree
- O’Tannenbaum Tour this weekend
- Humane Society seeks to send special cat to santuary
- Bell ringing returns
- Relay for Life fundraiser
- Free Christmas movie for kids
- Fotos from the past, 12-4-13 edition
- Resume Coaching at the Library
- PRMS announces ‘Holiday Trimmings’ concert