Exercise made easy in Merrill
The MAPS pool at Prairie River Middle School provides an aerobics exercise program five days a week.
The American Council on Exercise states that water aerobics is an excellent workout and has many health benefits. It helps increase muscle strength and endurance, and is easy on the joints. The water provides a natural resistance to your movements and helps increase lung capacity while improving cardiovascular conditioning. Being in water will give wider range of motion and helps burn calories.
The MAPS pool temperature is ideal for this type of exercise. Take advantage of this community resource by working out with the “Pool Pals” and instructor Jean Howick on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 11:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m. The “Early Morning Ripple Rousers” led by instructor Ann Ruder meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:30-7:30 a.m.
For more information, contact Kris Albrecht at 715-536-9593 ext. 17031.
- MHS Senior Awards Night May 29
- Meineke to host car show, Boy Scout fund raiser
- Night of Music & Sounds raises funds for scholarship
- Carl and Jane Bierman honored by Merrill Historical Society
- Women Connecting to meet
- Christ United Methodist Church to host Fish Boil for Missions
- Help create a healthier Lincoln County
- Merrill Walks offer glimpse of West Side history
- Bridges Virtual Academy students on team advancing to Destination Imagination’s Global Finals
- Merrill to host two Memorial Day ceremonies