Parisi Speed School to host free Cat Club Challenge
Kids ages 7 and up are invited to the Cat Club Challenge conducted by the Parisi Speed School on Friday, March 22 at 4 p.m. inside Riverside Athletic Club, 500 S. Center Ave., Merrill. The Cat Club is a motivational scoring, evaluation, testing and training program that ranks and charts progress of athletes in the Parisi Speed School program in a fun environment, while kids are learning.
Staff test their speed, agility and strength to see where their name is on our exclusive Cat Club board. Pre-registration is free but required and space is limited. There are eight levels of the Cat Club, starting at Bobcat and ascending to Cheetah. Athletes receive their placement score from the six-item test given at an Evaluation and Post-Test. The placement score determines an athlete’s corresponding level in the Cat Club. This test includes the laser-timed 10 yard, 20 yard, and 40 yard dashes, the vertical jump, the 5/10/5 shuttle drill and the 5 hops test. These tests were selected because there is a direct correlation between success on these tests and athletic success in sports such as football, soccer, basketball, baseball, hockey, tennis, track and lacrosse.
“The Cat Club is a great way for kids to see how the Parisi Speed School works. If you want your child to dominate on and off the field, the Parisi Speed School is the way to achieve that goal.” says Eric Filipiak, Parisi Speed School’s Program Director and Head Trainer. “We encourage the kids in our community to come to participate in this free Cat Club Challenge and get a taste of what Parisi is all about,” says Filipiak.
To learn more about Parisi Speed School powered by Riverside Athletic Club and to register for the Cat Club Challenge, please call 715.536.2481 or visit www.riversideathletic.com
- Remembering Kyle Memorial Scholarship - Night Of Music & Sounds
- New class at Riverside: Kick-Core Interval Training
- Trinity School spreads the love of Jesus in a unique way
- Timbavati Wildlife Zoo bus trip
- Aging & Disability Resource Center to offer Walk With Ease
- End of School Year party at the Smith Center
- Jamboree planned to benefit HAVEN, Humane Society
- Big Band Bash Saturday at the gazebo
- Spring wildflower hike on the Ice Age Trail
- Brat fry on Merrill City-Wide Rummage Sale day