Entries sought for Patriotic Art contest
The Ladies Auxiliary of Merrill’s VFW Post 1638 is sponsoring the Young American Creative Patriotic Art Awards contest. In addition to local and state prizes, students can compete for a $10,000 National Ladies Auxiliary scholarship.
Students in grades 9 through 12, including home-schooled students, are eligible to enter. Entries must be completed during the current school year, complete with a teacher’s signature. Each student may submit only one entry. Each work of art will be judged on the originality of concept, presentation, and patriotism expressed; the content of how it relates to patriotism and clarity of ideas; the design technique; total impact of work; and uniqueness.
To enter contact Tracy Jopek at 715-536-0540 for details about the local contest and an official application. To download an application, go to www.ladiesauxvfw.org or facebook at Ladies Auxiliary to Merrill WI VFW Post 1638. The deadline to enter is March 30 at 8 p.m. and can be delivered to the VFW Post 1638 on Friday, March 30, between 6 and 8 p.m. Entries can also be dropped off at 2001 E. Main St. any time up until deadline. Judges will award the top 3 cash awards with the first place selection advancing to District judging.
The Ladies Auxiliary invite all veterans and the general public to the third annual Patriotic Art open house at the VFW Post 1638, 205 N. Cleveland St. The Post will be open to the public on Friday, April 5, from 6 p.m.-close to view and vote on your favorite art presentations. The VFW Post 1638 “Post Choice Awards” will recognize the top 5 places with cash prizes and allows veterans and the public an opportunity to cast their vote and reward some very deserving students.
- MHS Senior Awards Night May 29
- Meineke to host car show, Boy Scout fund raiser
- Night of Music & Sounds raises funds for scholarship
- Carl and Jane Bierman honored by Merrill Historical Society
- Women Connecting to meet
- Christ United Methodist Church to host Fish Boil for Missions
- Help create a healthier Lincoln County
- Merrill Walks offer glimpse of West Side history
- Bridges Virtual Academy students on team advancing to Destination Imagination’s Global Finals
- Merrill to host two Memorial Day ceremonies