Thru-hiking Vermont’s Long Trail
At the annual meeting of the Northwoods Chapter of the Ice Age Trail Alliance, join guest speaker, teacher/ naturalist of Trees For Tomorrow, Joe Panci of Eagle River, as he tells the tales of his 2007 thru-hike of Vermont’s Long Trail, a 300 mile journey along America’s oldest long-distance trail. This trail runs the length of Vermont (From Massachusetts to the Canadian border) along the backbone of the Green Mountains, sharing its first 100 miles with the Appalachian Trail. Learn what it takes physically, mentally and logistically to do a thru-hike.
The presentation will follow a fairly brief Chapter business meeting. Volunteers will share their efforts and adventures on their segments of the trail during the past year.
The public is invited. Come see what the Ice Age Trail is all about.
The meeting will be on Tuesday, April 9, at 6:30 p.m. in the Lincoln County Services Building, 801 N. Sales St., Merrill.
For further information contact Ruby Jaecks at 715-443-3586 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Natzke Farm offers tours of brand new barn
- Rain barrel workshop
- MHS Mural artists get to work for 9th summer
- Summer events at T. B. Scott Free Library
- Merrill City Band announces 2013 season
- Merrill Optimists, Rotary work together to benefit Youth Baseball
- Garage sale to raise funds for Relay For Life
- Retired Educators offer scholarship
- Fotos from the past, 6-19-13 edition
- Nutrition and Healthy Lifestyles meet and greet