VFW Post 1638 and Auxiliary offers the Teacher of the Year Program to all schools in the Merrill area at the start of the school year. There are three different grade levels that a teacher can be nominated for: K-5, 6-8, and 9-12. Nov. 1 is the deadline for nominations. Judging is done Nov. 2 to 15. Winners advance to district and possibly to state and national levels. To nominate a teacher, check with the school where he/she teaches and get a nomination form or check with the VFW Post (715-536-5708).
This year there was only one nomination. Mr. Herb Hornischer from St. Francis elementary school was nominated. He teaches grades 5-8 algebra and social studies. Mr. Hornischer was honored Jan. 26, 2013 at the VFW Banquet which was held at the Eagles Club.
- Lincoln County Fair entries due June 15
- St. Paul’s Hosts free event for Merrill area
- Summer Fun Play Groups in Merrill, Tomahawk
- Lincoln Hills students hit the road for Special Olympics
- Tomahawk’s Music on the River Committee announces summer concert schedule
- Local AMVETS hosting meat raffle
- Farmers Market begins June 15
- Breaking Bread meal
- Trinity rummage sale, brat fry
- Marshfield Clinic offers mobile mammography screenings