Preparations underway for 2013 safe Graduation Celebration at MHS
Fund raising has begun for the 2013 Graduation Celebration at Merrill High School. This year, the all-night, post–graduation party is set for May 31 from 10 p.m. to 4 a.m. The theme for the Class of 2013 will be “Bon Voyage.”
Tickets for the annual event will be sold at the high school starting the first week in May during the student’s lunch hour.
Programs and happenings at the celebration will include a hypnotist, comedian, caricature artist, cash bingo, a DJ, carnival, memory wall, food and door prizes all night.
The hypnotist is the last event of the night and following his performance the grand prizes will be awarded. Among the grand prizes from the past were microwaves, televisions, dorm refrigerator, luggage, CD player, Noah’s Ark tickets and more.
Many committees have been set up to make the party a success and there has been a lot of community support, both financially and by other means.
“This is greatly appreciated,” said chairperson, Brenda Johnas. “The party could not happen without this community support.”
Fund-raising for the event has started. Anyone interested in helping out, both prior to, or the night of the party, should contact Johnas at 539-1121. Contributions also can be made by contacting Brenda Johnas.
“Please help us in our efforts to ensure that our graduates have a fun and safe graduation celebration,” Johnas said.
- MHS Senior Awards Night May 29
- Meineke to host car show, Boy Scout fund raiser
- Night of Music & Sounds raises funds for scholarship
- Carl and Jane Bierman honored by Merrill Historical Society
- Women Connecting to meet
- Christ United Methodist Church to host Fish Boil for Missions
- Help create a healthier Lincoln County
- Merrill Walks offer glimpse of West Side history
- Bridges Virtual Academy students on team advancing to Destination Imagination’s Global Finals
- Merrill to host two Memorial Day ceremonies