An image, made by local photographer, Phillip Ziesemer, has been included in a book of photographs published by the Professional Photographers of America. The image, SERENITY, was selected from nearly 5,000 photographs that were submitted to the PPA for the 2012 photographic art show.
The image of Ziesemer’s canoe was made in 2005 on a northern Wisconsin lake during a calm that followed a rain storm. He worked on several versions of the image periodically until he was satisfied with the final result which he submitted to both the Wisconsin Professional Photographers Association art show and the international PPA. The book that contains the image, titled 2012 SHOWCASE, contains only 150 of the images that were submitted to the Professional Photographers of America and represent some of the top rated images of the year.
SERENITY and another Ziesemer image, STRING OF PEARLS, were recently on display in Atlanta, GA, at the PPA convention, along with about 1,200 other images that were accepted for the show by photographers from around the world.
- Remembering Kyle Memorial Scholarship - Night Of Music & Sounds
- New class at Riverside: Kick-Core Interval Training
- Trinity School spreads the love of Jesus in a unique way
- Timbavati Wildlife Zoo bus trip
- Aging & Disability Resource Center to offer Walk With Ease
- End of School Year party at the Smith Center
- Jamboree planned to benefit HAVEN, Humane Society
- Big Band Bash Saturday at the gazebo
- Spring wildflower hike on the Ice Age Trail
- Brat fry on Merrill City-Wide Rummage Sale day