Marching Jays seeks Color Guard members
The Merrill Marching Jays are looking for new members for their Color Guard as they start preparations for their 2013 season. Students entering grades 7 through 12 from all schools in Merrill are welcome to join, and no prior experience is necessary.
Introductory skills sessions will take place from 3:30 to 5 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 19, and Tuesday, Feb. 26. These sessions will take place in the MHS auditorium. Please contact Kevin Short, MHS Band Director, at (715)536-4594, x18035 with any questions.
Color Guard members employ dance elements, along with using equipment such as flags and rifles, to create a visual depiction of the music that the woodwinds, brass, and percussion players are creating on the field. All skills needed in the show are taught in practice, so if you are willing to work hard and want to be a part of a very exciting team, come and play a part in the 2013 Merrill Marching Jays Color Guard.
- Remembering Kyle Memorial Scholarship - Night Of Music & Sounds
- New class at Riverside: Kick-Core Interval Training
- Trinity School spreads the love of Jesus in a unique way
- Timbavati Wildlife Zoo bus trip
- Aging & Disability Resource Center to offer Walk With Ease
- End of School Year party at the Smith Center
- Jamboree planned to benefit HAVEN, Humane Society
- Big Band Bash Saturday at the gazebo
- Spring wildflower hike on the Ice Age Trail
- Brat fry on Merrill City-Wide Rummage Sale day