VFW Auxiliary offers scholarships
The Veterans of Foreign Wars Auxiliary 1638 in Merrill announces three scholarship opportunities.
A $1,000 Lillian Campbell Medical Scholarship is for a second-year college student in the medical field. This scholarship is for nursing, pharmacists, physician assistants, medical and surgical technicians, physical and occupational therapists, dental, radiology and other related medical professions. The applicant or a member of his/her immediate family must have served in the military. The applicant must be enrolled in a medical program at a college or technical school at least one year prior to applying (may be completing first year at time of application).
One $750 scholarship for EMT or Paramedic students is also being offered. Applicants may be first-year EMT or paramedic students to apply. The scholarship deadline is April 30, 2013. Applicants are asked to submit a 200-word essay titled “Why I’m Interested in Studying this Medical Field.” For questions or assistance, contact Marie Skic at 715-536-6065.
A $500 Frank N. Brown Scholarship is for children or grandchildren of current VFW/VFWA members. Students must be a senior in high school. The deadline for applying is April 30, 2013.
For application forms and more information call John Schultz at 715-344-7453 or Marie Skic at 715-536-6065.
- MHS Senior Awards Night May 29
- Meineke to host car show, Boy Scout fund raiser
- Night of Music & Sounds raises funds for scholarship
- Carl and Jane Bierman honored by Merrill Historical Society
- Women Connecting to meet
- Christ United Methodist Church to host Fish Boil for Missions
- Help create a healthier Lincoln County
- Merrill Walks offer glimpse of West Side history
- Bridges Virtual Academy students on team advancing to Destination Imagination’s Global Finals
- Merrill to host two Memorial Day ceremonies