St. Stephens provides free medical equipment loan closet
St. Stephens United Church of Christ supports several outreach ministries, one of which is the Medical Equipment Ministry. This ministry had its beginning about eight years ago during Rev. Earl Eckhart’s pastorate. The purpose of the Medical Equipment Ministry was to develop a free medical equipment loan closet. Since its establishment, a committee has functioned with its primary responsibility being that of sanitizing and maintaining the various pieces of equipment on a regular basis.
At present, Jerry Geiss is the chairman of the Medical Equipment Ministry Committee. Other members of the committee are: Carol and Jerry Duwe, Cindy Geiss, Becky Kludy, Fern Langhoff, Pat Schulz, Emily and Dave Schwartzman, Nancy and Marty Walsh, Ralph Wangen, Carol and Bill Weber, and Lottie and Vern Ziemke. Some of the original committee members involved in the development of the program have been: Angel Sholund, Brenda Rowe, Sandy Krueger, Scott Krause and Donna Rhode.
An open house was held recently at St. Stephens UCC where the Medical Equipment Ministry team explained how the equipment loan closet works. Sunday school students also had a great time demonstrating the use of the equipment.
Those wishing to utilize medical equipment items may contact the church (715-536-7322) during weekly office hours where the staff will provide assistance in completing a simple form and obtaining the requested equipment item.
If you have a medical equipment item in good-condition and would like to donate it to the St. Stephens UCC Loan Closet, please call 715-536-7322.
- Remembering Kyle Memorial Scholarship - Night Of Music & Sounds
- New class at Riverside: Kick-Core Interval Training
- Trinity School spreads the love of Jesus in a unique way
- Timbavati Wildlife Zoo bus trip
- Aging & Disability Resource Center to offer Walk With Ease
- End of School Year party at the Smith Center
- Jamboree planned to benefit HAVEN, Humane Society
- Big Band Bash Saturday at the gazebo
- Spring wildflower hike on the Ice Age Trail
- Brat fry on Merrill City-Wide Rummage Sale day