WI fair members celebrate ‘An American Tradition’
More than 1,100 delegates representing 68 of 76 county, district and state fairs and associated businesses celebrated the New Year by attending the 90th annual Wisconsin Association of Fairs annual convention in Wisconsin Dells. Members from the Lincoln County Fair attended the convention gaining new ideas. Attending were Dale Christiansen, Brad Becker, Richard Stoeckmann, David Buck and Sue Kunkel.
The convention will kicked-off with Keynote Speaker, Marla Calico, Director of Education for the International Association of Fairs and Expositions. Her presentation was entitled “Every Fair (and Fair Person) has a Story.” Convention attendees wore patriotic red, white and blue on the opening day to celebrate the 90th annual fair convention.
Throughout the week representatives attended a variety of high-impact workshops including strategic planning, recycling, networking, and much more. Attendees also found new entertainment opportunities through tradeshows and showcases on Monday and Tuesday.
The convention culminated with the awards Banquet and the crowning of the 2013 Wisconsin Fairest of the Fairs on Wednesday night. Awards were given for the V.I.P. Awards, Outstanding Fair Person Awards, Hall of Fame Awards, and the Associate Member Hall of Fame Awards.
The Lincoln County Fair will be held July 17 - 21, 2013. Visit www. LincolnCoFair.com for a complete listing of fair details.
- MHS Senior Awards Night May 29
- Meineke to host car show, Boy Scout fund raiser
- Night of Music & Sounds raises funds for scholarship
- Carl and Jane Bierman honored by Merrill Historical Society
- Women Connecting to meet
- Christ United Methodist Church to host Fish Boil for Missions
- Help create a healthier Lincoln County
- Merrill Walks offer glimpse of West Side history
- Bridges Virtual Academy students on team advancing to Destination Imagination’s Global Finals
- Merrill to host two Memorial Day ceremonies