St. Paul Church receives $1,500 through Thrivent
St. Paul Lutheran Church – Pine River recently received $1,500 as part of a service project hosted during the fall of 2012 by members from the Mid Wisconsin Chapter of Thrivent Financial for Lutherans.
Thrivent Financial members and other volunteers came together to renovate and remodel the parsonage at St. Paul Lutheran Church. Through its chapter programs, Thrivent Financial provides financial support and other resources for its members to help their communities and congregations through fundraisers and service activities.
“Thrivent Financial provides its members and other interested volunteers the opportunity to join in service and use the financial resources of Thrivent Financial to serve people and organizations here in our local area,” said Dan Moreno, President, of Mid Wisconsin Chapter of Thrivent Financial. “Thrivent chapter activities like this one connect congregations, institutions and volunteers to make a difference in people’s lives.”
All Thrivent Financial members belong to a local organization—most often a chapter—that provides a way for them to give back to their communities, congregations and causes they care about through charitable activities, as well as connect with one another for social and educational events.
Anyone can join in volunteer and educational activities hosted by Thrivent Financial. To connect with the Mid Wisconsin Chapter of Thrivent Financial, call 715-536-7422. To find other area Thrivent chapters, visit the Chapter Locator at www.thrivent.com/chapters or call 800-236-3736.
- Lincoln County Fair entries due June 15
- St. Paul’s Hosts free event for Merrill area
- Summer Fun Play Groups in Merrill, Tomahawk
- Lincoln Hills students hit the road for Special Olympics
- Tomahawk’s Music on the River Committee announces summer concert schedule
- Local AMVETS hosting meat raffle
- Farmers Market begins June 15
- Breaking Bread meal
- Trinity rummage sale, brat fry
- Marshfield Clinic offers mobile mammography screenings