Marshfield Clinic offers Mobile Mammography screenings
Marshfield Clinic’s Mobile Screening Unit delivers state-of-the-art breast cancer and bone density screenings monthly to rural Wisconsin residents whom otherwise would not have easy access to the services.
Providing that type of critical access to mammograms could save lives. For the past two decades, national breast cancer death rates have dropped, possibly due to earlier disease detection and improved treatment options. More than 230,000 women in the U.S. were expected to be diagnosed with breast cancer in 2011, an American Cancer Society report said.
Marshfield Clinic’s Mobile Screening Unit will offer digital mammography screenings in February at Marshfield Clinic Merrill Center,1205 O’Day St., Merrill, on Monday, Feb. 11, Friday, Feb. 22, and Thursday, Feb. 28, from 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. each day. For an appointment, call 715-539-0101.
Screening is open to anyone, but advance appointments are required.
- MHS Senior Awards Night May 29
- Meineke to host car show, Boy Scout fund raiser
- Night of Music & Sounds raises funds for scholarship
- Carl and Jane Bierman honored by Merrill Historical Society
- Women Connecting to meet
- Christ United Methodist Church to host Fish Boil for Missions
- Help create a healthier Lincoln County
- Merrill Walks offer glimpse of West Side history
- Bridges Virtual Academy students on team advancing to Destination Imagination’s Global Finals
- Merrill to host two Memorial Day ceremonies