Local boy participates in science fair
On Jan. 12, Ben Freyer, from Pine River, participated in the Ameriprise Science Fair held in Green Bay.
There were 50 participants in the Science Fair, which was attended by hundreds of people as part of the The Einstein Project Science Expo. The Science Fair featured projects from students in grades 1-8.
Ben showed his project, “Eggshells: A breath of fresh air,” which asked the question of how chicks can get oxygen while developing inside their shell.
Entrants received a medal and certificate for their participation and the experience of presenting their research to judges, fellow students, and members of the community. Those in grades 6-8 competed for best in show and a Michigan Tech summer youth program scholarship.
Ben is in 3rd grade and attends Washington Elementary in Merrill. Ben enjoyed the experience and is looking forward to participating again next year.
- MHS Senior Awards Night May 29
- Meineke to host car show, Boy Scout fund raiser
- Night of Music & Sounds raises funds for scholarship
- Carl and Jane Bierman honored by Merrill Historical Society
- Women Connecting to meet
- Christ United Methodist Church to host Fish Boil for Missions
- Help create a healthier Lincoln County
- Merrill Walks offer glimpse of West Side history
- Bridges Virtual Academy students on team advancing to Destination Imagination’s Global Finals
- Merrill to host two Memorial Day ceremonies