Local boy participates in science fair
On Jan. 12, Ben Freyer, from Pine River, participated in the Ameriprise Science Fair held in Green Bay.
There were 50 participants in the Science Fair, which was attended by hundreds of people as part of the The Einstein Project Science Expo. The Science Fair featured projects from students in grades 1-8.
Ben showed his project, “Eggshells: A breath of fresh air,” which asked the question of how chicks can get oxygen while developing inside their shell.
Entrants received a medal and certificate for their participation and the experience of presenting their research to judges, fellow students, and members of the community. Those in grades 6-8 competed for best in show and a Michigan Tech summer youth program scholarship.
Ben is in 3rd grade and attends Washington Elementary in Merrill. Ben enjoyed the experience and is looking forward to participating again next year.
- Christmas activities at Trinity on Dec. 7
- Merrill Memorial Park offers remembrance tree
- O’Tannenbaum Tour this weekend
- Humane Society seeks to send special cat to santuary
- Bell ringing returns
- Relay for Life fundraiser
- Free Christmas movie for kids
- Fotos from the past, 12-4-13 edition
- Resume Coaching at the Library
- PRMS announces ‘Holiday Trimmings’ concert