Tournament raises funds for Dojo repairs
Last month the Merrill/Woodruff Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Grappling team put on a tournament at the Tomahawk High School. This was done as a fund raiser for Center For Creative Wellness, a site for Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Aikido, Yoga, Karate, and a weight club in Merrill because of repairs that needed to be done to the school. In the tournament, individuals from the Merrill team place in various age/weight divisions. Proceeds from the tournament will help with some of the costs of remodeling.
The Center for Creative Wellness will be having an open house to celebrate the remodeling of the building on Jan. 26. Free kids’ classes for Aikido and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, as well as free Aikido, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Karate for adults will be offered as part of the open house. Our building had to be remodeled recently, and the tournament that we put on in December raised money to help with some of the costs.
- MHS Senior Awards Night May 29
- Meineke to host car show, Boy Scout fund raiser
- Night of Music & Sounds raises funds for scholarship
- Carl and Jane Bierman honored by Merrill Historical Society
- Women Connecting to meet
- Christ United Methodist Church to host Fish Boil for Missions
- Help create a healthier Lincoln County
- Merrill Walks offer glimpse of West Side history
- Bridges Virtual Academy students on team advancing to Destination Imagination’s Global Finals
- Merrill to host two Memorial Day ceremonies