Andreska named Youth Optimist of the Month
Kendra Andreska has been selected for the November 2012 Youth Optimist. Kendra was nominated by Mr. Craig Hoffman. Hoffman has commented that, “Kendra readily leads when others are shy to take a leadership role; her leadership is found both in extra-curricular activities and sports. She led the girls cross country team this past year and is a student leader in student council, link crew and drama ministry.” Kendra also “took the lead in organizing a fund raiser to raise money as a relief effort to the communities devastated by hurricane Sandy.” Mr. Hoffman also states that, “Kendra is one of the best examples of student optimist.”
The classes that Kendra has taken throughout her high school career have included Algebra 2, Biology Honors, Chemistry Honors, Honors American Lit and Comp, AP Lit and Comp, AP Psychology and Pre-Calculus. Kendra has a class rank of 18 of 266 and a GPA of 3.89. She has received Merrill Academic Scholar Medals and Merrill High School Academic Letter the first three years of high school.
During her high school years she has participated in National Honor Society, Octagon Club, Student Council – Treasurer and President, Class Council and Student Senate. She enjoys cross country, basketball, track & field and weightlifting.
Kendra participates in many activities outside of school, some of which are volunteering for Special Olympics, Humane Society, middle school and elementary school track and field meets, fifth grade graduation celebration, Read Across America, youth summer basketball camp, United Way, Big Brothers Big Sisters and Bowl for Kids Sake.
After graduation, Kendra plans to attend UW LaCrosse - majoring in theatre. She is the daughter of Tom and Angie Andreska.
- MHS Senior Awards Night May 29
- Meineke to host car show, Boy Scout fund raiser
- Night of Music & Sounds raises funds for scholarship
- Carl and Jane Bierman honored by Merrill Historical Society
- Women Connecting to meet
- Christ United Methodist Church to host Fish Boil for Missions
- Help create a healthier Lincoln County
- Merrill Walks offer glimpse of West Side history
- Bridges Virtual Academy students on team advancing to Destination Imagination’s Global Finals
- Merrill to host two Memorial Day ceremonies