Rotarians raise funds for community
Rotarians from Merrill held their annual Christmas Auction Dec. 11 at 3’s Company. The auction provides the club with funds for local projects and donations. Carl Theorin, Wausau Sales Corp. auctioned Rotarian donated items to the club members and raised over $4,200 that will be used in the Merrill Area. In addition to the auction proceeds, River Valley Bank donated $3,000 to the total.
The major recipient of this project is the Merrill Food Pantry that will receive more than $6,000 to help it serve the community. Rotarians donate baked goods, power tools, clothing, gift certificates and other items each year for this project.
Rotary International is an organization of business and professional persons that has the mission of fostering good will, understanding, human dignity and international harmony through service to communities in need. The Merrill Rotary Club meets at noon on Tuesdays at 3’s Company Restaurant.
- Christmas activities at Trinity on Dec. 7
- Merrill Memorial Park offers remembrance tree
- O’Tannenbaum Tour this weekend
- Humane Society seeks to send special cat to santuary
- Bell ringing returns
- Relay for Life fundraiser
- Free Christmas movie for kids
- Fotos from the past, 12-4-13 edition
- Resume Coaching at the Library
- PRMS announces ‘Holiday Trimmings’ concert