Rotarians raise funds for community
Rotarians from Merrill held their annual Christmas Auction Dec. 11 at 3’s Company. The auction provides the club with funds for local projects and donations. Carl Theorin, Wausau Sales Corp. auctioned Rotarian donated items to the club members and raised over $4,200 that will be used in the Merrill Area. In addition to the auction proceeds, River Valley Bank donated $3,000 to the total.
The major recipient of this project is the Merrill Food Pantry that will receive more than $6,000 to help it serve the community. Rotarians donate baked goods, power tools, clothing, gift certificates and other items each year for this project.
Rotary International is an organization of business and professional persons that has the mission of fostering good will, understanding, human dignity and international harmony through service to communities in need. The Merrill Rotary Club meets at noon on Tuesdays at 3’s Company Restaurant.
- Remembering Kyle Memorial Scholarship - Night Of Music & Sounds
- New class at Riverside: Kick-Core Interval Training
- Trinity School spreads the love of Jesus in a unique way
- Timbavati Wildlife Zoo bus trip
- Aging & Disability Resource Center to offer Walk With Ease
- End of School Year party at the Smith Center
- Jamboree planned to benefit HAVEN, Humane Society
- Big Band Bash Saturday at the gazebo
- Spring wildflower hike on the Ice Age Trail
- Brat fry on Merrill City-Wide Rummage Sale day