Red Cross requesting Local Real Heroes nominations
The American Red Cross is currently accepting nominations for their 2013 Real Heroes Recognition events in which the community pays tribute to acts of courage and kindness performed by local people. Anyone can submit a nomination form for an individual who has saved a life, provided care to someone in need, or given back to the community in a significant way. Real Hero award nominations are being accepted in the following seven categories: Youth, Community, Good Samaritan, Law Enforcement, Emergency Response, Health Care and Corporate.
To be nominated, the act of courage or humanitarian service can be ongoing or have occurred any time after Jan. 1, 2012. Nominees must reside, work or be active in Iron, Vilas, Price, Oneida, Forest, Taylor, Lincoln, Langlade, Clark, Marathon, Wood or Portage County or the acts of courage or humanitarian service must have occurred in one of these counties. Nomination forms are available by calling 715-409-0815 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Award recipients will be recognized by the North Central Wisconsin Chapter of the American Red Cross On March 7, 2013 at the Howard Johnson Inn and Conference Center – Wausau.
“We encourage anyone who has had someone touch their life during the year to submit a nomination form,” stated Wendy Savage, Red Cross Regional Director of Development. “Receiving a Red Cross Real Hero award is a great honor and it is a wonderful way to recognize individuals in our community who have helped others in need.”
For more information or to request a nomination form, please contact Wendy Savage at 715-409-0815 or email@example.com.
- MHS Senior Awards Night May 29
- Meineke to host car show, Boy Scout fund raiser
- Night of Music & Sounds raises funds for scholarship
- Carl and Jane Bierman honored by Merrill Historical Society
- Women Connecting to meet
- Christ United Methodist Church to host Fish Boil for Missions
- Help create a healthier Lincoln County
- Merrill Walks offer glimpse of West Side history
- Bridges Virtual Academy students on team advancing to Destination Imagination’s Global Finals
- Merrill to host two Memorial Day ceremonies