Ministry Medical Group WIAA Sports Physical Program provides nearly $3,500 to area schools
Another season of WIAA sports physicals is in the books at Ministry Medical Group Clinic’s in Merrill, Rib Mountain and Weston.
Each year, Ministry Medial Group provides free pre-participation sports physicals in the months of June, July and August for students entering grades six through twelve. As a part of the program, donations are accepted and are donated to the athletic department of each participant’s school.
This year, nearly 200 students took part in the program with donations totaling nearly $3,500 which will be shared with athletic departments of 30 area schools whose students took part in the program.
Merrill High School, Prairie River Middle School and St. John’s Lutheran School in Merrill will share more than $900 collected as the result of physicals performed at Ministry Medical Group’s Merrill Clinic, located on the 4th Floor of Ministry Good Samaritan Health Center.
“We are delighted by the continued support of this program by student athletes and their families in our area,” said Ministry Medical Group Director of Clinic Operations, Jennifer Rhea. “We hope this provides a valuable service to area student athletes and their families while giving something back to the programs in their respective schools.”
The physicals meet school and WIAA requirements, but are not intended to replace regular check-ups with a child’s physician.
- MHS Senior Awards Night May 29
- Meineke to host car show, Boy Scout fund raiser
- Night of Music & Sounds raises funds for scholarship
- Carl and Jane Bierman honored by Merrill Historical Society
- Women Connecting to meet
- Christ United Methodist Church to host Fish Boil for Missions
- Help create a healthier Lincoln County
- Merrill Walks offer glimpse of West Side history
- Bridges Virtual Academy students on team advancing to Destination Imagination’s Global Finals
- Merrill to host two Memorial Day ceremonies