2012 Christmas Fantasy House honors local cancer survivor
The 20th annual Christmas Fantasy House was held in Brookfield, WI Nov. 3-11. Local designers and decorators choose a home to showcase inside and out to transform into a Christmas Fantasy that will take your breath away.
This event, benefiting the American Cancer Society was founded by Loretta Thompson, a volunteer who wanted to share her extensive Christmas collection in order to raise funds for children affected with cancer.
This year, 10 survivors, celebrating over 20 years of being cancer free were selected to receive the honor of visiting this Christmas House by sharing their personal and very inspirational journey on how cancer affected their life.
LaDonna Fermanich, Merrill, was one of these Honorary Hero of Hope Survivors. LaDonna was diagnosed with Acute Lymphatic Leukemia a week before Thanksgiving and two weeks before her 18th birthday, and this year is proud to be celebrating her 31st year as a cancer survivor. Her story is one of courage and resilience. Her sense of humor kept spirits high not only for herself but for loved ones and doctors supporting her through the journey.
LaDonna states, “I am a 31 year cancer survivor and have two beautiful daughters of my own that I was never supposed to be able to have. I am living proof that there is life after cancer. Sometimes it’s even richer than it might otherwise have been.”
LaDonna donated her complimentary tickets to the Ronald McDonald house so a child and their family would be able to enjoy the winter wonderland experience.
For more information about the Christmas Fantasy House please visit our Web site: www.christmasfantasyhouse.com.
- Remembering Kyle Memorial Scholarship - Night Of Music & Sounds
- New class at Riverside: Kick-Core Interval Training
- Trinity School spreads the love of Jesus in a unique way
- Timbavati Wildlife Zoo bus trip
- Aging & Disability Resource Center to offer Walk With Ease
- End of School Year party at the Smith Center
- Jamboree planned to benefit HAVEN, Humane Society
- Big Band Bash Saturday at the gazebo
- Spring wildflower hike on the Ice Age Trail
- Brat fry on Merrill City-Wide Rummage Sale day