Produced by Journal Interactive, a division of Journal Communications, Inc.
A 54 year old Merrill man was arrested Monday evening after deputies responded to a disturbance in the Town of Pine River. Just before 10 p.m., a 911 call reported hearing a possible fight in the 1000 block of State Rd 64. When deputies arrived, they learned that Mitchel C. Hipler had arrived at the residence uninvited and caused problems including becoming physical with the victim. Hipler was taken into custody on charges of disorderly conduct and battery. He was brought to the Lincoln County Jail and held for a bond hearing on Tuesday afternoon; there he was released on a signature bond.
Corning firefighters, along with the DNR and a deputy, responded to a grass fire Tuesday morning in the Town of Corning. At 11:49 a.m., a passing motorist reported a fire alongside of the road on State Rd 64 near Hagar City Rd. Firefighters were on the scene for about half an hour, no buildings were damaged.
Tomahawk Firefighters along with a deputy responded to a reported grass fire Monday evening in the Town of Bradley. Just after 5 p.m., a cell 911 call reported the incident on Bay Mill Rd. When the deputy arrived on the scene he was able to extinguish much of the fire along with a Tomahawk firefighter. The fire started right after the owner of the property finished mowing the lawn. The Wisconsin DNR also responded to the scene.
Tomahawk Firefighters along with a deputy responded to a camper trailer fire Thursday afternoon in the Town of Harrison. At 4:16 p.m., a 911 call reported the 36’ camper on fire in a yard in the 1500 block of County Rd A. The owners told the investigating deputy that they had recently purchased the un-insured camper and were cleaning inside of it earlier that day. They tried to get the furnace working but it did not seem to be powering on and off like normal. A short time later they heard a loud boom and looked outside to see the camper engulfed in flames. Firefighters extinguished the fire which caused moderate damage to the home by melting the siding. No injuries were reported.
The Town of Russell Fire Department and deputies responded to a structure fire last Monday afternoon. At 12:53 p.m., a 911 call reported the fire in an outbuilding on Prairie Drive in the Town of Schley. The caller reported they were cooking maple syrup when the fire broke out. When Russell firefighters arrived on the scene they found the fire was contained to the wall of a structure. Pine River firefighters responded to assist but were canceled when the fire was brought under control. Firefighters were on the scene for less than an hour, no injuries were reported.