Root hired as future Chief Financial Officer
He will succeed the retiring Dan Vander Heiden, who has served in that capacity since 1998. They will work together as part of the transition plan over the next six months on budgeting, planning and year-end financial reporting requirements.
"I believe that Kevin will make a valuable contribution to Church Mutual's success in the future," President and CEO Mike Ravn said. "He has an extensive insurance background."
Root's property and casualty insurance background includes working at Travelers Insurance, OneBeacon Insurance, Farmers Union Insurance and for the past seven years at QBE Insurance in various capacities. Most recently he served QBE as its Senior Vice President, Corporate Controller for North American operations.
A Connecticut native, Root earned a bachelor's degree from Central Connecticut State University. He is a certified public accountant (CPA).
He began his career in public accounting career at Arthur Andersen & Company in Hartford, Conn., where he worked on various audit engagements.
Vander Heiden joined Church Mutual as assistant treasurer in 1984. He was promoted to treasurer in 1985 and his present role in 1998. He was inducted into Church Mutual's President's Achievement Club in 2004.
Prior to coming to Church Mutual, Vander Heiden was financial accounting manager for another major insurer and taught accounting at the University of Wisconsin - Stevens Point.
Vander Heiden earned a bachelor's degree from UW - Stevens Point and a master's degree in business administration from the University of Wisconsin - Oshkosh. He is a CPA.
Church Mutual, which now insures more than twice as many religious organizations as its nearest competitor, is rated A (Excellent) by industry analyst A.M. Best.
- Food business development webinar
- WJMT settles into new home
- Local photographer offers Portraits with Santa event
- Generations Antique Co. offers pieces of history
- Very Merrill Christmas cards now on sale
- Ministry Medical Group in Merrill announces Thanksgiving holiday hours
- Riverside Athletic Club and Parisi Speed School donate to the Food Pantry
- Ministry Medical Group Thanksgiving hours
- Riverside Athletic Club announces Virtual Group Exercise option
- Merrill Chamber names Businesses of the Year