Ministry Health Care joins Quality Health Solutions
Ministry Health Care, the second largest health system in Wisconsin, is joining Quality Health Solutions, Inc. (QHS), a collaborative group of Wisconsin health care systems and the Medical College of Wisconsin. QHS, which recently announced a major shared savings initiative with UnitedHealthcare, is expanding its accountable care network. The network is clinically integrated, allowing it to contract directly with health plans on behalf of its members for shared savings, pay-for-performance, and other innovative payment programs. The network expects to enter into risk arrangements on behalf of its members.
The addition of Ministry Health Care brings the network to 34 hospitals and more than 6,000 physicians spanning north, central and eastern Wisconsin. Annually, the members together have more than 166,000 inpatient admissions and over five million outpatient visits. Combined net revenue is nearly $7 billion.
Ministry Health Care operates 15 hospitals with locations across north, central and eastern Wisconsin – including Good Samaritan in Merrill and Sacred Heart in Tomahawk - and has more than 650 clinicians providing services at 47 clinic sites. Ministry also has a longstanding partnering relationship with the Marshfield Clinic, along with clinical relationships with numerous independent groups.
“Quality Health Solutions’ innovative approach to accountable care will allow us to better serve employers and our patients and will bring Ministry increased commercial market share,” said Nick Desien, chief executive officer of Ministry Health Care. “We believe this collaboration is a significant step in the transformation of health care delivery.”
- Food business development webinar
- WJMT settles into new home
- Local photographer offers Portraits with Santa event
- Generations Antique Co. offers pieces of history
- Very Merrill Christmas cards now on sale
- Ministry Medical Group in Merrill announces Thanksgiving holiday hours
- Riverside Athletic Club and Parisi Speed School donate to the Food Pantry
- Ministry Medical Group Thanksgiving hours
- Riverside Athletic Club announces Virtual Group Exercise option
- Merrill Chamber names Businesses of the Year