Waid Funeral Home & Cremation Service is pleased to announce the addition of Anna Winningham to their staff of funeral professionals.
Anna grew up in Cumberland, WI and graduated from Growing Lights Christian Academy in Barron, WI in 1998. She then attended Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College in Rice Lake for nursing studies. She graduated from Chippewa Valley Technical College in Eau Claire from the Surgical Technologist program and went on to work for the next 10 years in surgery. She was employed by the Mayo Clinic Health System for the last 5 years of that time.
In order to pursue her desire to be a funeral director, she attended and graduated from the Arapahoe Mortuary Science program in Colorado. Anna began her career in funeral service because she feels that she can help and support others in their time of need. She works alongside funeral directors Paul Waid and Nicole Lenhart to serve the families of Merrill and the surrounding area. “Anna is going to be a great asset to our staff,” said Paul. “Her compassion and enthusiasm for helping people makes her a perfect fit for our funeral home.”
Winningham has already immersed herself in the community as a member of the Merrill Optimist Club and the Lions Club. With the rest of the funeral home staff, she is helping to sponsor a “Stuff the Truck” event in August to benefit the Lincoln County Humane Society.
She and her husband, Jeremy, reside in Merrill with their two daughters, Kaitlyn and Courtney. As a family, they love to fish, bear hunt and deer hunt.
Waid Funeral Home invites the public to stop in to visit with Anna at the funeral home. She can also be reached by calling 715-536-4646.
- Food business development webinar
- WJMT settles into new home
- Local photographer offers Portraits with Santa event
- Generations Antique Co. offers pieces of history
- Very Merrill Christmas cards now on sale
- Ministry Medical Group in Merrill announces Thanksgiving holiday hours
- Riverside Athletic Club and Parisi Speed School donate to the Food Pantry
- Ministry Medical Group Thanksgiving hours
- Riverside Athletic Club announces Virtual Group Exercise option
- Merrill Chamber names Businesses of the Year