Parisi Speed School to host free Cat Club Challenge
Kids ages 7 and up are invited to the Cat Club Challenge conducted by the Parisi Speed School on Friday, December 21 at 4pm inside Riverside Athletic Club located at 500 S. Center Ave. in Merrill. The Cat Club is a motivational scoring, evaluation, testing and training program that ranks and charts progress of athletes in the Parisi Speed School program in a fun environment, while kids are learning.
Staff test their speed, agility and strength to see where their name will be on Parisi’s exclusive Cat Club board. Preregistration is free but required and space is limited. There are eight levels of the Cat Club. Athletes receive their placement score from the six-item test given at an Evaluation and Post-Test. The placement score determines an athlete’s corresponding level in the Cat Club. This test includes the laser-timed 10 yard, 20 yard, and 40 yard dashes, the vertical jump, the 5/10/5 shuttle drill and the 5 hops test. These tests were selected because there is a direct correlation between success on these tests and athletic success in sports such as football, soccer, basketball, baseball, hockey, tennis, track and lacrosse.
To learn more about Parisi Speed School powered by Riverside Athletic Club and to register for the Cat Club Challenge, call 715-536-2481 or visit www.riversideathletic.com.
- Mexican restaurant coming to Merrill
- Ministry Good Samaritan installs ATM-style prescription drug dispenser
- Schulz’s Recycling expands to Wausau
- Merrill Sheet Metal Works enters second century with Firefly Lodge
- Johnson Pharmacy back in business in downtown Merrill
- Riverside Athletic Club Ocean Swim School announces Summer Swim Lesson Schedule
- Dinges hits the road
- Kleinschmidts announce retirement, Guy’s Shop/Thelma’s to close
- Shopko Hometown sets sights on Tomahawk
- Geiss earns honors at state meat processors convention