Fire destroys cottage on Tug Lake
Wednesday, December 04, 2013 11:41 AM
The Merrill Fire Department responded to two structure fires Tuesday morning, the first of which destroyed a cottage on Tug Lake.
The fire department was dispatched at 7:08 a.m. to N5266 North Shore Road after a passerby reported a cottage on fire. The building was totally involved with fire upon firefighters’ arrival.
Fire personnel were on the scene for about two hours extinguishing the blaze. The cottage is considered a total loss.
No one was home at the time of the fire and no injuries were reported. The cause of the fire had not immediately been determined.
Merrill firefighters were dispatched again at 11:57 a.m. for a fire in the basement at N2209 Moritzville Ave. The fire, which started near a wood stove, was nearly extinguished upon firefighters’ arrival. Fire damage was contained to the basement, with smoke throughout the house. No injuries were reported.