Improvements to WIS 17, between Lincoln County CCC and Dump Road (Langlade County), are scheduled to begin on May 26.
American Asphalt is the prime contractor for the $1.6 million contract. Crews will resurface approximately 10 miles of WIS 17. Other improvements include:
- Reconstructing the WIS 17/First Lake Road intersection
- Lengthening the northbound bypass lane at the WIS 17/Lincoln County B intersection
- Replacing four culver pipes
- Repairing four culvert pipes
- Reinstalling centerline rumble strips
- Replacing guardrail at County CCC
During construction, motorists can expect to encounter lane closures, flagging operations, and temporary traffic signals. Construction is scheduled for completion by August 2015. The schedule is subject to change based on weather conditions and construction status.
Eighty percent of the project will be paid with federal transportation funds; the remaining 20 percent will be paid with state transportation funds.
For more information regarding traffic impacts in Wisconsin’s north central region:
Follow on Twitter: @511WI_NoCentral
Check the Wisconsin Department of Transportation 511 website: www.511wi.gov.