• The contractor plans on starting to set up their conveyor belts for preparation of the deck pour as well as cleaning off the deck. They also may start rubbing out the abutments and piers.
• The contractor plans to wait for warmer temperatures to pour the bridge deck. They currently expect to pour the deck in late April.
• Memorial Park and the bleachers in Kwahamot Bay are generally the best and safest locations to use for anyone interested in watching the bridge construction activities.
• The bridge is currently scheduled to reopen no later than June 28, 2011.
• The contractor resumed work this week along 4th Street. They removed pavement from the south end of the bridge to the intersection of River Street.
Deer Park Road to Leather Avenue
• The contractor worked on installing storm sewer on the north side of the bridge. Storm sewer installation should be completed by early next week.
• The contractor is planning to start grading out the north side of the bridge next week. This operation is dependent upon favorable weather conditions.
Detour and business access
• Traffic is detoured via WIS 86, US 51, and Lincoln County A. Motorists are reminded to use caution when traveling through the work zones and detour routes and should plan for delays. Access to all businesses and intersecting roadways along 4th Street will be maintained throughout construction. Motorists are encouraged to use the public streets when navigating in and around construction areas unless those areas are completely blocked.
Next public meeting
• The next public information meeting scheduled for Wednesday, May 4. The meeting will be conducted at SARA Park and will begin at 7:30 a.m.